Application guideline for CCI Intensive Courses
PLEASE READ THE COURSE INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE ENROLLING IN ANY OF THE COURSES
I. Application for courses
1. Please submit your application before the deadline of registration, School of Modern Languages and Cultures (SMLC) reserves the right to reject any late application after the deadline.
2. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis, seats will only be confirmed after the offer is accepted and all fees have been paid in full.
3. Please ensure all the information and personal particulars are correct as amendments to application after submission are not allowed. If you wish to correct any false information, please contact us as soon as possible but request is not guaranteed to be entertained.
4. Once all applications are processed and reviewed, offers of admission will be issued to inform successful applicants by email. Please check your mailbox including spam mailbox to ensure a timely response to the offer of admission as late confirmation will not be entertained.
5. Please reply to the offer of admission email to confirm your acceptance of offer together with proof of payment of course fees upon which an email of confirmation of seats will be sent. All fees are non-refundable after your acceptance of offer.
6. For non-local students who must have a valid student visa to study in Hong Kong, you are not required to submit materials other than those requested on the application form during registration period, however you are strongly advised to prepare in advance the documents as required for the application of visa in section (III) to facilitate your visa application.
7. SMLC will only be responsible for accommodation of applicants who are not residing in Hong Kong and under the age of 18. Please arrange local accommodation for your stay if you are not residing in Hong Kong and aged 18 or above.
1. Payment should be settled in crossed cheque payable to “The University of Hong Kong” which may be submitted by post or in person to the office of School of Modern Languages and Cultures (5.01 Run Run Shaw Tower, Centennial Campus, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong).
2. Please follow the payment instructions as stated in the offer of admission.
3. For successful applicants who do not own any local bank account in Hong Kong, only telegraphic transfer is accepted for course fees payment, please consult your bank for detailed instructions and all bank charges incurred in making telegraphic transfer which are to be borne by applicants (OUR code – transfer fees are expected to be paid before the transfer is made hence senders cover all the charges and transfer amounted is expected to be delivered in full to beneficiary).
4. Telegraphic transfers are recommended to be made at these banks to facilitate payment processing: Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Merchants Bank, China Construction Bank, Bank of Communications; Please see samples of request to making telegraphic transfers by these banks respectively: Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Merchants Bank, China Construction Bank, Bank of Communications.
III. Visa application (for non-local students)
1. If you do not have the right of abode or right to land in Hong Kong, you are required to apply for a valid student visa from the Hong Kong Immigration Department before arriving in Hong Kong. Please submit your application for student visa (Form ID 995A from Immigration Department of Hong Kong, click here to download the form, click here to read a sample of a filled form (in English only) and click here to watch a demonstration video on filling out the form (in Chinese only)) to SMLC which will be your local sponsor as soon as you receive the offer of admission to ensure your visa can be issued before the courses begin.
2. Please prepare the following documents for the application of student visa:
Recent identity photographs (to be affixed on page 2 of the application, photo should not be larger than 55mm x 45mm and not smaller than 50mm x 40mm)
Photocopies of proof of identity, i.e. pages containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry and/or details of any re-entry visa held (if applicable) of a passport with validity period for at least 6 months
Photocopy of your identity document, e.g. identity card (if any)(for Taiwan residents, photocopy of household registration in Taiwan is also required besides Taiwan identity card)
Photocopy of Hong Kong identity card (if any)
A consent letter duly signed by both one of your parents and a guardian (either your sponsor i.e. SMLC or your relative/friend in Hong Kong) authorised by one of your parents if you are under the age if 18
Photocopy of proof of your accommodation arrangement if you are under the age of 18
Photocopy of proof your financial support, e.g. bank statements, savings account passbooks, tax receipts and salary slips
3. Please submit your application for student visa as well as the required documents stated above after the issue of offer of admission and settle the visa application fee for your student visa application together with the course tuition fee as specified in each course description/details.
4. Application for student visa and required documents should be submitted in both hard copies and soft copies by courier/registered mail to SMLC office and uploading on visa application page simultaneously to ensure a timely issue of visa.
5. Application and documents will be reviewed and checked immediately upon receipt and you will be informed if there is any false or missing information on your application or any outstanding document, in this case please resubmit the required information as soon as possible.
6. SMLC will submit your application to the Immigration Department which normally takes 6 weeks or more, please note that successful issue is not guaranteed and the issue of student visa is entirely subject to Immigration Department’s decision. SMLC is not responsible for any delay/ cancellation/ failure in visa application. The application fee paid is non-refundable under any circumstances.
7.Once your student visa is issued, SMLC will collect your visa label on your behalf and send it to you by courier/registered mail, you are required to confirm the address for delivery of visa label/entry permit.
8. Please adhere strictly to immigration law enforced in Hong Kong including duration of stay which is normally the same as the duration of courses and conditions of stay which include illegal employment for example.
9. No application for extension of stay will be entertained.
10. For more information about student visa application, please read the guidebook for entry for study in Hong Kong by the Immigration Department of Hong Kong available here: https://www.immd.gov.hk/pdforms/ID(E)996.pdf
11. For students in People’s Republic of China, entry to Hong Kong also requires “Exit-Entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao” with validity period for at least 1 month and a relevant exit endorsement from the Public Security Bureau where his/her household registration is kept.
12. Application for exit endorsement from the Public Security Bureau normally requires the following documents subject to local governments, please consult your local government organs for details:
Recent identity photographs
Photocopy of your People’s Republic of China identity card
Original and photocopy of your visa label issued by the Immigration Department of Hong Kong which will be sent to you by SMLC
Photocopy of Exit-Entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao
Photocopy of offer of admission
13. Application for exit endorsement from the Public Security Bureau are to be submitted after the receipt of visa label and normally requires 2 weeks to be processed, please reserve extra time for submission of application to ensure a successful entry to Hong Kong
1. SMLC will not be responsible for accommodation arrangement for applicants who are not residing in Hong Kong. However please notify SMLC of your place of residence during your stay in Hong Kong for your own safety or any emergency.
2. If you are not residing in Hong Kong and under the age of 18 without the company of any guardian (parents, relatives or friends aged 18 or above) during your stay in Hong Kong, you may contact us for assistance in arranging accommodation.
1. SMLC reserves the right to cancel courses should there be insufficient enrolment or any unforeseen circumstances that may prevent SMLC from opening or continuing the courses. Dates, content and fees are subject to change without prior notice, students should pay attention to the email notification for updates.
2. Applicants are fully responsible for their actions, behaviours and their own belongings and safety during the period of courses regardless of their whereabouts. They should observe laws in Hong Kong to avoid participating in illegal activities. Any violation of laws of Hong Kong in the campus area will be reported to the police.
3. For non-local students, please obtain insurance coverage at your own expense to safeguard your personal safety and belongings should you feel the need to do so.