PLEASE READ THE COURSE INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE ENROLLING IN ANY OF THE COURSES
(Due to COVID-19, the summer courses in 2021 will be delivered online only)
I. Application for courses
1. Please submit your application before the deadline of registration, School of Modern Languages and Cultures (SMLC) reserves the right to reject any late application after the deadline.
2. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis, seats will only be confirmed after the offer is accepted and all fees have been paid in full.
3. Please ensure all the information and personal particulars are correct as amendments to application after submission are not allowed. If you wish to correct any false information, please contact us as soon as possible but request is not guaranteed to be entertained.
4. Once all applications are processed and reviewed, offers of admission will be issued to inform successful applicants by email. Please check your mailbox including spam mailbox to ensure a timely response to the offer of admission as late confirmation will not be entertained.
5. Please reply to the offer of admission email to confirm your acceptance of offer together with proof of payment of course fees upon which an email of confirmation of seats will be sent. All fees are non-refundable after your acceptance of offer.
6. All fees are non-refundable after your acceptance of offer.
7. For non-local students who must have a valid student visa to study in Hong Kong, you are not required to submit materials other than those requested on the application form during registration period, however you are strongly advised to prepare in advance the documents as required for the application of visa in section (III) to facilitate your visa application. (Due to COVID-19, the summer courses in 2021 will be delivered online only, hence visa application is not required.)
1. Payment should be settled in crossed cheque payable to “The University of Hong Kong” which may be submitted by post or in person to the office of School of Modern Languages and Cultures (4.38 Run Run Shaw Tower, Centennial Campus, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong).
2. Please follow the payment instructions as stated in the offer of admission.
3. For successful applicants who do not own any local bank account in Hong Kong, only telegraphic transfer is accepted for course fees payment, please consult your bank for detailed instructions and all bank charges incurred in making telegraphic transfer are to be borne by applicants (Please select OUR for charge handling option – transfer fees are expected to be paid before the transfer is made hence remitter or sender covers all the charges and transfer amount is expected to be delivered in full to beneficiary).
4. Telegraphic transfers from the PRC are recommended to be made at these banks to facilitate payment processing: Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Merchants Bank, China Construction Bank, Bank of Communications; Please see samples of request to making telegraphic transfers by these banks respectively: Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Merchants Bank, China Construction Bank, Bank of Communications.
1. SMLC reserves the right to cancel courses should there be insufficient enrolment or any unforeseen circumstances that may prevent SMLC from opening or continuing the courses. Dates, content and fees are subject to change without prior notice, students should pay attention to the email notification for updates.
2. Applicants are fully responsible for their actions, behaviours and their own belongings and safety during the period of courses regardless of their whereabouts. They should observe laws in Hong Kong to avoid participating in illegal activities. Any violation of laws of Hong Kong in the campus area will be reported to the police.
3. For non-local students, please obtain insurance coverage at your own expense to safeguard your personal safety and belongings should you feel the need to do so.
4.38 Run Run Shaw Tower,
The University of Hong Kong,
Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
© 2020-21 by School of Modern Languages and Cultures, Faculty of Arts, The University of Hong Kong. All rights reserved.